First Tee – Colorado Rocky Mountains offers a wide variety of programs. All First Tee – Colorado Rocky Mountains programs include First Tee Core Values. Participants learn valuable lessons about the importance of maintaining a positive attitude; how to make decisions by thinking about the possible consequences; how to demonstrate sportsmanship whether they win or lose; and how to transfer First Tee Nine Core Values such as responsibility, honesty, integrity, respect and confidence from the golf course to everyday life. The goal for each program is to have purpose-driven programming for every interaction. First Tee – Colorado Rocky Mountains strives for a high level of retention so that the staff can grow with the participants and ultimately see them through college. The vision is for every participant to carry a golf club in one hand and a degree in the other.
On the Golf Course
Junior golf is just part of First Tee. Through our program that strengthens character, kids will learn life skills that stay with them into the rest of their lives, like:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
Participants progress through levels by demonstrating inner strength, character, and the life and golf skills they have learned. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level.
- Introduction to the First Tee program (ages 5 and older)
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee it up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality
- Eagle (recommended minimum age 13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community