Become a Part of First Tee – Colorado Rocky Mountains Today!
If you have any further questions please contact Erica at [email protected]
Part-Time Golf Instructor Application
We are currently fully staffed. If you are still interested in applying we will hold your application until we start hiring again!
If you are 18 or older and would like to apply please download the application below.
Select Appropriate File Below To Download Application
If you are looking for youth employment information (Ages 14-18)
Are you looking for a job with flexible hours?
Do you love working with and impacting kids’ lives?
Are you looking for a job with flexible hours? Do you love working with and impacting kids’ lives? First Tee – Colorado Rocky Mountains is hiring part-time employees for its in school programming this spring. This involves time in schools teaching golf and life skills to kids. The hours are flexible; you can as little as an hour a week or up to 30+ hours a week. Please note, that you are expected to get yourself to and from the schools. Pay starts at $20/hr for instructors and $22/hr for lead instructors with opportunities for pay increase.
- Each P.E. class is a bit different but since the way we can set up activities is unique to each facility. Depending on the length of the class, there will be one or two stations. If there is one station, staff and volunteers are divided and stay at the same station for the entire class, but the students will switch halfway through the class. At the beginning of each session, the lead instructor will go over the day’s lesson, set up, and key points to emphasize to the students.
- Monitor safety, work with students on golf skills, positive behavior, and be a positive role model. Help with setting up and cleaning up golf activities. Teach and reinforce lessons outlined by lead instructor.
Expectations of kids:
- Treat staff, volunteers, and other students with respect
- Follow all safety instructions during golf activities
- Have fun
- Keep kids focused during instructor’s lesson
- Ask for clarification if you have questions
- Make kids sit out it they are being unsafe
- Reinforce Life Skills and Core Values
You should not:
- Use your phone unless it’s an emergency
- Tolerate disrespect
- Practice your own golf game
- With all ages of participants, we use real golf clubs so we must be very deliberate about safety. A few ways to do that are:
- Use identified “Safety Zones” (these are sometimes a hula hoop, behind a line, etc.)
- Have kids hold their clubs “Heads up, grips down” when they are not actively swinging
- Be aware of kids swinging behind you